Below is some important information for those interested in the internship opportunity.
- The program runs from June 6, 2016, to July 29, 2016.
- Stipend is $2,000.
- Approximately 40 positions available for virtually every undergraduate major, including pre-medicine, biology, chemistry, engineering, psychology, business, education, computer science, information technology, media and graphics design, and the liberal arts.
- Students work on research or quality improvement projects with mentors in both the hospital's clinical and non-clinical departments.
- Some students in the past have done work that had been publishable or was presented at national conferences.
- Opportunities to learn and shadow physicians, nurses, and other clinical and non-clinical staff in a large, healthcare environment.
- Gain important networking contacts and references.
- Application deadline is February 15, 2016.
- The application requires a resume, undergraduate transcript, and a letter of recommendation.
Questions regarding the internship program and the application process can be emailed to diane.leuthardt[at]lvhn.org.