In the past, participating students were required to pay separately, sending payments to both The Washington Center for their program and housing fees, and to Kutztown University, for its tuition and fees. This was both cumbersome and costly for students. To better support students and increase the number of students participating, the university will now allocate a portion of the student’s tuition dollars toward the program. University students are able to participate in The Washington Center (1) at a reduced cost to them and (2) through a streamlined, one-payment process.
“Tell me more about TWC!"
- The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars is an independent, nonprofit organization serving hundreds of colleges and universities by providing selected students, from all majors, challenging opportunities to work and learn in Washington, D.C.
- For over 40 years, TWC has helped more than 50,000 students from around the world gain valuable experience
- TWC is the largest program of its kind with 80 full-time staff and more than 50,000 alumni, many of whom are in leadership positions in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- TWC offers semester- or summer-long integrated academic and work experiences in government, corporate and nonprofit organizations. Each internship is tailored to provide meaningful experiences to enhance students’ resumes and help launch their careers.
- Advocacy, Service & Arts
- Business and Global Trade
- International Affairs
- Law & Criminal Justice
- Media & Communications
- Politics & Public Policy
- Science, Technology & Society
- Intern Monday through Thursday, then attend special professional development programming on Fridays.
- Have the option of taking an evening academic course.
- Are guaranteed housing in TWC facilities (similar to a university: two bedroom, two bathroom furnished apartments with utilities, basic cable, and wireless internet).
- Are provided an orientation day and numerous social and professional activities.
- The Washington Center: info[at]twc.edu (FAQ)
- Kerri Gardi, Director, KU Career Development Center and TWC Campus Liaison: gardi[at]kutztown.edu
- Wendy Pursell, Director, KU Student Accounts: pursell[at]kutztown.edu