P.S. Early entrants get double-fudge brownie points!
1) Everybody’s got that one insane story they can dine out on; tell us yours in 125-150 words. If you haven’t racked up anything you feel is appropriately epic, just tell us something funny that happened this one time. This is a judgment-free zone.
2) What’s your name? How old are you? Where are you from? What’s the Philly connection? Where do/did you go to school? What is/was your major? What do you love writing about? Do you have any particular areas of expertise? Do you have any video/photography/technical skills we should know about? When you go out, what do you do? Where do you go?
3) Pick one from each list and tell us in 125-150 words why you like or dislike the artist or movie. Be as specific as possible, and there are no right answers — this isn’t about whether your tastes and ours match up, it’s about how well you can express yourself (and entertain us).
- Artists: Slayer | Nicki Minaj | Man Man | Odd Future | Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes | Whitney Houston | The Dismemberment Plan | Of Montreal
- Movies: Knocked Up | Sex and the City (either/both) | Annie Hall | Rocky | The Hunger Games | Seven Samurai | Pulp Fiction | Gone with the Wind
- Writers you enjoy reading when it comes to music and/or pop-culture criticism
- Philly restaurants/bars
- Movies you saw last year
- Local bands
- Sad songs of all time
- Books you read last year
- Concerts you’ve ever been to
- Movie villains
- Non-music events you’ve attended in Philly
- Philly media sources for arts/culture/music/food
Again, send this application back to josh.middleton[at]citypaper[dot]net for consideration.