Interns work full time as part of the newspaper's regular staff to cover news events and write stories at the direction of editors.
To qualify, a candidate must:
- Be a college student and have completed by the summer at least their sophomore year, but not be a graduating senior.
- Have demonstrated an interest in journalism through significant college course work, writing for a student newspaper, and/or paid or volunteer work that required writing.
- Have a willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Have a driver's license and use of a car.
- Have a place to live in the Lancaster area.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the internship, a resume and several writing examples to:
John Cassidy, assistant news editorA face-to-face interview is required.
Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
8 W. King St., P.O. Box 1328
Lancaster, PA 17608
Contact Mr. Cassidy at (717) 481-6116 Tuesdays through Fridays after 3:30 p.m.