KU Presents! is looking for a dynamic and innovative Professional Writing intern or Public Relations minor to join their program in bringing creative performances and speakers to Kutztown University. KU Presents! is responsible for the Ursa Minor Café series, the Performing Artists Series, and Children’s Series, as well as handling all other events and programs that occur in Schaeffer Auditorium. The fall season is jam-packed with exciting and diverse performers and with Schaeffer’s impending remodel scheduled to begin in 2012, help is needed!
Job responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with writing KU Presents! press releases, e-news drafts.
• Proofing all PR and advertising materials including brochures, print ads, and web content.
• Reviewing and assisting with writing radio, TV and web ads.
• Attending weekly production meetings.
• Contributing to the creative process of KU Presents! marketing and advertising materials, publicity stunts and target marketing promotions.
• Assisting with direct communication to student groups.
• Coordinating with University Relations on all communication matters
For information and to apply, please contact Andy Cassano: kupas[at]Kutztown[dot]edu
Send a cover letter and resume enclosed in your email along with 1 or 2 pertinent nonfiction writing samples of your best work of 500 words or less.
KU Presents!: Our Mission
To be the center of cultural life at Kutztown University and the regional community through professional presentations of innovative and engaging live music, theater and dance of the highest quality.
Core Values: To serve the community and campus
• By bringing world-class live arts that can entertain, educate, and enrich.
• By developing partnerships and collaborations that strengthen the campus and the community by connecting with other events, activities, educational and professional organizations both on and off campus.
• By sustaining a welcoming social and cultural experience through organizational excellence, confidence and adventure.
• By being a leader in audience development for the performing arts through family programming that provides a welcoming introduction to music, theater, and dance, as well as creating unique supplementary, educational and fun activities that enhance the performance experience.
• By providing access to a variety of performing arts in the broadest sense to patrons of all ages.
• By enhancing the Kutztown University student experience through the performing arts.