Thursday, August 5, 2010

University Relations

English Department:

I am the periodicals manager at KU in the office of University Relations. In that capacity, I edit the Tower alumni magazine, the Family Ties student/parent newsletter, and write the KU Pride online newsletter.

I am seeking a writing intern for the fall 2010 semester. I could use an intern for up to 20 hours per week to assist my office in all phases of writing, copy editing, and proof reading. This is an unpaid position. A computer with Internet and printer access will be made available in my office, and the student will work directly with me.

I am seeking a student whose interests as a writer are focused on news and feature writing with a strong background in grammar. In return, I will guide the student through the use of the Associated Press Stylebook, feature writing, and more.

Please share this information with your department. I will begin interviews for this position this summer, and would like to make a decision by Aug. 15 (if possible).

Thank you for your time and help with this project.

Sincerely,

Craig Williams
Periodicals Manager
cwilliam@kutztown.edu
610-683-4841 (work)
610-780-4013 (cell)

No comments:

Post a Comment